Sunday, April 13, 2008

 

Can't connect to iTunes Store...

My iPod Touch would connect, but Tilly's would not. Neither would my MacBook using iTunes 7.6.1 or 7.6.2.

Tilly found a forum entry somewhere on the web that said to set the time & date on her iPod Touch and lo, YouTube and the iTunes Store became available to her.

I couldn't find any Preferences or Cache files on my MacBook that might be causing a problem, but then I remembered setting up some Proxy information in System Preferences->Network so I removed them and iTunes now connects again.

Something on my Mac wishlist is that it should be possible to configure Proxy settings per wireless network automatically. I saw something about PAC files, but that looks like you have to write a complete list of all domains you think you will ever visit and end them to the script. There must be a better way but I'm waiting for someone to tell me...

Labels: , , , ,




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?