Monday, July 16, 2007

 

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars




I bought Command and Conquer 3 at the weekend, and it took me FIVE HOURS to install!

The first time, it stopped after one of the video files.

So, I cleaned the disk and tried again. It failed again.

So I copied all files to the hard disk. It failed at a later point, complaining about MP.cab.

So I searched the web and found that you have to copy MP.cab ON ANOTHER MACHINE from the DVD to a hard disk/pen drive/whatever.

What a PITA.

Even then, the game wouldn't start as one of the >1GB video files was corrupt and I had to copy it again (another 30 minutes or so).

Finally it worked and I've done the first few levels, but the cursor kept flickering and disappearing.

Just as I am going to bed tonight, a cosmic ray hit and realisation dawned: I have mouse cursor trails on. I've just disabled them and can finally see the cursor without epilepsy looming...

Labels: , , , ,




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?