Saturday, June 30, 2007

 

Peugeot 806 wet floor sorted?



We've had trouble with the front footwells getting wet, mainly the driver's side, for the last year or so.

Obviously, it was worst when it rained heavily but the carpets stayed wet for ages so could be tricky to tell. It was difficult to trace where the water was getting in, but initially I thought it might be where the plastic trim was coming away from the bottom corners of the windscreen. It seemed to go away after using silicone to fill the gap, but the carpets were wet again today.

I spent some time looking round the windscreen to see if the seal was OK but couldn't see any problems. I couldn't find any ideas on the web, and in the absence of any better ideas I removed the three grills on the heater intakes as shown in the first picture. The car was parked on an angle (driver's side lower) and couldn't really see any water on the driver's side, but when I looked at the higher, passenger's side there was about 2" of water coming up to the top of the intake!

I stuck my arm all the way in, and felt a load of black gunk. All of a sudden my index finger went into a hole and all the water drained away. I repeated the process on the driver's side to remove that blockage too.

Hopefully the problem has gone for a while, and also maybe one day Google will find this blog entry and help some other poor soul so that the gaps between their toes don't start webbing over while they're driving...

Labels: , , , , , , ,




Comments:
Well - you got your wish , my friend. I bought an 02 806 , and after heavy rain , the drivers footwell was drenched. I was thinking about resealing the windscreen bottom , but thanks to your advice , I too found gunk and water in the heater intake on the passenger side.
Thank you for your advice. You have saved me hours of head-scratching.☺
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?