Sunday, November 19, 2006

 

Oh my knee :-(




I haven't been running for eight weeks due to a cold that I haven't been able to shake, and partly through apathy and lethargy.

I went this morning though for a steady four miles with a guy who hasn't run for six weeks due to shin splints (bah, the tart - lack of calf stretching more like!). Lovely morning for it - blue skies, tad frosty, great.

My right knee as usually has been very sore, especially this evening - but nothing that two Ibuprofen and a set of Bud's couldn't sort out.

One of the main reasons for my knee being so sore is spending all yesterday on it re-routing power cables in the now-accessible loft (due to the work done on both bathrooms). I had to re-route the cables so that I could board the loft - there's hardly anything up there, but there's a ton of space for toys belonging to kids who won't tidy their rooms...

The next step will be to insulate and plasterboard the inside of the roof tiles, but that will have to wait until I can walk again without pharmaceutical and homebrewing aids.

This afternoon, we went to John Leigh park in Altrincham - the scene of several muddy and painful Saturday mornings for St Bede's cross country team in the 1980's. It's amazing how much flatter it looks these days...











Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?