Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

My C5



I picked it up last Thursday - I went in the V40 since it is faster than the 806, but had to turn the C5 through 45 degrees to get it in the back due to the way the interior roof dips down to meet the back door. It could sit normally though, once it was in!

When I got home at 10.30pm, I took it up and down Priory Road a couple of times before putting it away! Was amusing to see a car coming the other way stop to see whether I was a crash-landing UFO.

On Saturday morning, I built a big "table" in the garage to make some floor space for the C5. In the evening, we all went to the offy - shopkeepers came out to look at it; false nail putter-onners came out to gawp; boozers heckled in a good-natured way; and Lucy loved sitting on my knee shouting, "Fast!" So much so, we've been to the park in it twice since.



I've ordered and fitted high-intensity LED lights to front and rear, and have got a new chain and gearbox grease on order so that my Dad and I can have a tinker at the weekend. Keeps me off the street corners and out of trouble, so stop smirking.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?