Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

Longest trip so far

Tonight (yes, in the dark) I did a 7.1 mile round trip in the C5, to my Dad's and back. I wasn't getting great mileage out of the battery (a Halfords HB015) so this morning I bought a Numax L85 (Leisure, 85Ah) battery and ordered a wiring kit from Chris at C5Alive. However, I took the old battery out and checked the contacts which seemed OK (not corroded), so put it back together, and things seem better. Perhaps the contacts on the battery posts were a bit loose, leading to higher resistance and therefore a shorter battery life. Last night I was only getting half a mile before both green LEDs were out, but it was about 5 tonight.

Here are some highlights of the trip:

Those LED bulbs are cool - my Dad said he could see them from the other end of the road.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?