Wednesday, December 21, 2005

 

Sinclair Programs, 1983



I picked this up on eBay for 49p! I don't remember the cover, but bizarrely I do remember some of the contents. I don't know if that's because I had this magazine at one time, or if some of the programs were reproduced in another edition. However, I am pretty sure that it is not a past-life regression experience - especially given that I was ALIVE at the time of publication. (Stop waffling - Ed.)

I'd have been halfway through Junior 4 when this thing was published! That was almost a full year before my Mum & Dad got me a 48k Spectrum for my main Christmas present while I was in first year at St. Bede's College.

I've typed in a couple of programs tonight, and even fixed a couple. There were one or two for the ZX-81 that had me stumped though 'cos I didn't know what memory addresses they were PEEK'ing or POKE'ing - along with a few arcane incantations and what I assume to be memory-saving magic runes.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?