Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

Learning French again...

I've been toying with the idea of learning to speak French (~again). I did an O-level at school and did pretty well (well, couldn't have done any better anyway), and wanted to do an A-level but my maths teacher convinced me to drop it in favour of Further Maths. What a waste of time!

Anyway, I did some work at Microsoft in Les Ulis, Paris a couple of years ago. I came home and bought a couple of CD courses by Michel Thomas, which I've worked through a couple of times. Pretty good. I've got a few books too, e.g. Teach Yourself French. We'll have to see how it goes in Paris next week, although I doubt I'll be speaking much as I've only been brushing up for the last week or so.

Tonight though, I discovered a web site that puts language students of all ages and backgrounds in touch. I've registered for email contact only at the moment, so we'll see what happens!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?